Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spider - part five of "a Girl and her SHOES" series

Welcome to part five of  "a Girl and her SHOES" series. If you missed the original post, you may want to check it out here to see what inspired this series.

The working title for this redo was Spider. My reasoning for the working title will become clear a little later in the post. I realize that Spider is not a very attractive name for a necklace but since it is so close to Halloween, I decided to stick with it!


The Shoes. A very unique pair of sandals that I just couldn't pass up.

The first thing I did was cut the leather straps away from the sole. I played around with the shape for awhile until I got the idea to create a copper wire frame that the straps could attach to. I cut the straps down to a reasonable size and this is what I ended up with.
 
Okay, my working title is making sense now!

I attached the straps around the frame and wired on some metallic stick pearls for that needed bit of bling. Finally, a couple of the tiny buckles (also from these sandals)
became interesting additions to the copper chain and handmade hook clasp.
 


Normally I wouldn't think of allowing a spider to crawl around - or even come close - to my neck, but I'll happily make the exception for this Spider!

Tomorrow will be the final shoe transformation in "a Girl and her SHOES" series. (At least until I find time to visit the thrift stores!) I hope you will return!
 
Sharing with: Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, I Gotta Create: The Mother Lode

5 comments:

  1. You are so inventive - love this necklace! Can't wait to see what you share tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is awesome! I was at the thrift store on Friday picking up some supplies for Hyrum's costume and couldn't help but look at the shoes! Thanks...just what I needed...one more thing to look at when I'm there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best idea ever, simple as that. And so well done, I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and your WHOLE Girl & Her Shoes Series! Bravo! Thanks so much for sharing your genius at The Mother Lode linky party over at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina
    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy