Saturday, June 1, 2013

Personalized Photo Paperweight

Looking for an easy and inexpensive gift idea for the kiddos to make for Father's Day?

Here's one...
Let them personalize an inexpensive glass ashtray for Dad to use as a paperweight on his office desk.

Glass ashtrays are usually around $1 or less at the thrift stores, are fairly heavy and make great personalized paper weights when you
add your own special photo of the kids or the entire family!




I cut and glued photos to fit inside the recessed area of a thrifted glass ashtray that is turned upside down.

I then added some words that were printed onto tissue paper and covered it with resin.

You can find the detailed step-by-step instructions
and a complete list of supplies here on my tutorial page.

Thanks for stopping by!


Sharing with: Too Much Time on My Hands: Get Schooled Saturday, Funky Junk Interiors: Party Junk, Six Sisters Stuff: Strut Your Stuff Party, Happy-Go-Lucky: Create and Share

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, talk about a blast from the past. I made one of those paper weights like that for my dad when I was in Brownies. That was "How many years ago????
    ahem ...we won't go there. LOL
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy!

    i found your blog thru Seth's ARtblog directory! And i didn't want to leave without saying hi and telling you how much i've enjoyed browsing thru your blog. Such wonderfully creative things to be found here! I hope you'll pop over and say hi! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really awesome idea, Kathy...I have to do it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy